The cost of mobile data has come down significantly in recent years. The downtrend is visible across the globe and moreover, Wi-Fi is now available around the cities. If you travel to Dubai then you will notice that you can access free Wi-Fi in shopping malls, metro and even some of the local shopping centers. The Indian government is having plans to provide Wi-Fi all around the country.
Even after the presence of Wi-Fi we often need mobile data as there are places where we do not have the access to Wi-Fi and the most of us have limited data allowance. If we cross the data allowance then the mobile bill can shoot up really high. This can be prevented with help of Datally which is an application from Google. Let us look at the features of this application to understand it better.
Features of Datally
• The application helps in saving a lot of data as it gives you an option to control the data usage by disabling or enabling the data usage of other applications installed. You can also set a data limit for the each of the application.
• The application blocks the data usage of the applications when you exceed the allowance and you would have to permit other applications to use data in such a case.
• The application would also display the data usage history for you and this means that the application will provide you with the overall trend of the data usage on the mobile.
• The application also reminds you to turn on the data saver feature which actually helps in saving a lot of data on the application.
• The application also has a Wi-Fi finder which helps you in finding the Wi-Fi networks around the area. This can again help you in saving a lot of data as you can then connect to the data networks.
• In the upcoming updates, the developers are going to integrate the feature for checking the data balance and expiry of the account.
• The new application update would send you notifications about the data usage and help you control the data usage in the more proactive way.
Talking about the overall rating of the application, the application has a rating of 4.4 stars and it has been reviewed by about 3000 people since its launch. The application was launched on 29 November 2017 and in just two days, it has been installed by 1 Lakh to 5 Lakh people. The application has received over 2400 ratings as a 4 star and 5-star reviews.
In terms of system requirement, the application only requires Android 5.0 and above. In addition to this, the application is bug-free and it has been tested extensively by Google. You can surely install the application to save yourself from the potential data cost and this will help you in taking control of your data usage.
To download the app, you can click on the link mentioned below and the link will redirect you to google play store.